Advanced Project Management for Public Entities
This 5 days course addresses the forces affecting Project Management in the public entity environment, project parameters, the project life cycle, the project manager’s role and the challenges facing project managers. Furthermore, it addresses the fundamentals of project planning – through the project value creation process; fundamental principles of project scheduling and how to estimate the resources required for project success.
- Addressing the Project Management Environment and its Setting
- Determining the Complexity of Projects Irrespective of Size
- Analysing the Project Anatomy/Project Life Cycle and Project Parameters
- Highlighting Project Management Nomenclature and Basic Definitions
- Grasping the Value Creation Process
- Addressing the Process and the Importance of a Feasibility Study
- Establishing the Project Scoping Process and Development of a Work Breakdown Structure
- Preparing and Managing a Project Schedule
- Optimising your Project Resources
Who Should Attend?
- Project Managers and Consultants
- Director and Deputy Directors
- HR, Finance, IT and Operations Directors and Managers
- Procurement and Contracts Specialists
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Line Managers
- IDP Managers
- All Senior and Middle Managers in the Public Entities
This workshop is aligned to the following unit standard(s)
- Apply the Principles and Theories of Public Sector Project Management – SAQA US 242914
Many of Intelligent Africa and STADIO’s Centre of Lifelong learning courses are aligned to some Unit Standards accredited by various SETA’s, should a leaner require to rather have the accreditation done through the SETA and not the CHE, they will require to complete a portfolio of evidence (POE), which if assessed and found competent, will earn credits towards a National Qualification from the relevant SETA
Dr. Dolf SteynDPhil (Information Science), MEd (Cum Laude), HDE and FDE
Dolf was the Managing Director for Pearson institute of Higher Education. His career includes work across 3 continents and amongst multiple cultures and organisations including Deloitte and Tshwane University of Technology.During his time at Deloitte consulting, he started a project management office which supported a team who among others did SABA installations, LMS roll-outs and custom software solutions.
Previously he was Director of Teaching and Learning with Technology at the Tshwane University of technology which has the second largest Blackboard LMS roll-out in South Africa. His career includes work in education, public, private and corporate sectors. He is experienced in working in teams, delegations and committees as well as in the running of projects as an individual. Dolf has taught Project management at graduate level for the last 15 years. Dolf served on examination boards, investigation/advisory commissions and industry work teams. He has published nationally and internationally and is a frequent contributor to workshops, training sessions and conferences.