Effective Leadership and Management Skills for Managers
Effective leaders set goals for their organizations. They establish a long-term strategy. These leaders review the work of managers and provide sponsorship for activities. Then, effective managers initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close projects to achieve the strategic goals. This Development Programme is developed in line with the Competencies of an Executive Manager in the Public Service and will address the First Module Namely Management and Leadership for Organisational Efficiency
- Addressing the Concept of Leadership and Strategic Management
- Combining the Personal Side of Leadership and Management
- Integrating Exceptional Service Delivery into the Organisational Strategy
- Improve Service Delivery Through the Application of Project Management Concepts and Methodologies
- Recognising the Leader as a Relationship Builder through Public Relations
- Turn a group of Individuals into A Collaborative Team That Achieves High Performance Through Shared Mission and Collective Responsibility
- Understanding the Leader as Social Architect – Building Structures That Support Employee Wellness, Safety and Health
- Determining Leadership Attributes Qualities and Skills – A New Area of Leadership
- Highlighting Women in Leadership – Challenges and Rewards
Who Should Attend?
Senior Managers and Leaders responsible for achieving organisational goals and for building effective and efficient departments within the organisation at a post-matric level (NQF level 6).
This course is rated at NQF level 6 course and falls under the Diploma in Management (SAQA Qualification ID 57222). Ten (10) credits and certificate of competency can be earned, subject to successful completion of the POE/assessment in the specified period stipulated at the event.
Our Accreditation Partner
In terms of the Higher Education Act, all courses and programmes offered by Business Schools resort under the Council on Higher Education’s Quality Committee (CHE QC) for assessment and quality-assurance purposes. All courses offered by STADIO are registered through the prescribed higher education processes and are subject to internal quality assurance processes as far as moderation, assessment and accreditation are concerned. When short courses are aligned to modules of formal academic programmes of STADIO, or SAQA Registered Unit standards, they are credit-bearing short courses. This status is also described in the Criterion Guideline document for Short Courses” from SAQA