Strategic Fleet Operations and Transport Management in the Public Sector
For a fleet to run as effectively as possible, it has to work in partnership with other departments in the organisation. The manager responsible for the organisation’s fleet and transport operations, needs to be able to cooperate with human resources, marketing, management and the finance department to make effective decisions that support the organisation as a whole. Collaboration ensures that the funds are available for maintenance and replacement when they are needed. The Fleet planning strategy needs to include clear-cut guidelines for this collaboration to ensure that the manager responsible for the organisation’s fleet and transport retains the control needed over the fleet while also establishing a culture of communication with other departments. Fleet managers spend much of their time planning for the next stage of their fleet. From the purchase of new vehicles to the maintenance schedule good planning requires prioritizing the needs of the company and the fleet.
This comprehensive program presents best practices and cost savings for running an efficient and effective fleet operation
- Applying Methodologies To Improve Fleet Operational Cost And Management
- Understanding how to Implement Lean Six Sigma For Logistics
- Optimising Fleet Utilisation For Maximum Efficiencies And To Achieve A Faster Turnaround Time
- Increasing Productivity With Periodical Preventive And Corrective Measures On Fleet Maintenance Programme
- Exploring and Implementing Strategic Business Objectives To Improve Overall Operational Procedures
- Mitigate Transport And Fleet Risks Within The Business That Is Caused By Human Factors
Who Should Attend?
- Transport Managers and Administrators
- Fleet Managers and Administrators
- Logistics Managers and Administrators
- Procurement Managers and Officials
- Financial/ Logistic/ Maintenance Directors
- Operations Managers
- Distribution Managers
- Government Transportation Professionals
- Fleet Maintenance Managers
- Transportation Consultants
After successful completion of this 5-day training on Strategic Fleet Operations and Transport Management in the Public Sector, including the assignment/POE, the learner will receive 10 Credits from STADIO which will count towards the Higher Certificate in Management NQF Level 5 or the Diploma in Management NQF Level 6. The learner will be registered for non-qualification purposes with STADIO. STADIO is registered with the DHET. Intelligent Africa is Registered and Accredited with Several SETA’s
Japie BenadeBA, BA Hons, Masters in Administration, Diploma in Financial Planning
Johan was with Spoornet for over 17 years, where he occupied various management positions up to the level of an Executive Manager HR, overseeing Recruitment and Selection, Labour Relations, Professional Services, EAP and HR Operations in the Line Departments. He built on his experience at Spoornet and is currently in the skills development area, where he lecturers at several educational and training institutions in South Africa. His focus areas are: Taxation, Financial Planning, Economics, Financial Management, Accounting (Both in the Public Service and Private Sector), Cost Management, Business Ethics, Corporate Strategy and Strategic Management. As a Lecturer he has presented a number of training programs at Regional and Local Government. Which include Public Financial Management and Budgeting, Finance and Reporting, Asset Management, Policy Development and Analysis, Advanced SCM and Procurement in the Public Sector, Performance and Risk based Auditing amongst others.