The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply leadership competencies to ensure service excellence.
Learners will develop competencies to utilise leadership skills to enhance service delivery in a specific sector or context. Individual learners will benefit through enhancing their personal competencies, knowledge and skills so as to be able to complete tasks required in their employment contracts and by legislation. Learning areas include Motivating self and others. emotional intelligence , visionary thinking , problem-solving , developing service culture of a specific sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership skills in a specific sector or context.
- Apply innovative and creative strategies and visionary thinking skills in developing and implementing strategic planning.
- Apply leadership skills to enhance service delivery.
- Apply knowledge of ethical standards in a leadership role.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that emotional intelligence plays in leadership
Module 1 Communication Skills
Module 2 Language Proficiency
Module 3 Mathematical Literacy
Module 4 Principles of Leadership
Module 5 Leadership and strategic planning
Module 6 Ethical Standards in a Leadership Role
Module 7 Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE:
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3, or the equivalent thereof
Formative assessment: Portfolio of evidence will be submitted within two months after the training of each module. Assessment activities include evaluating all documentation produced during the process and questioning to test knowledge and ability to apply.
Final summative assessment: An Integrated Assessment will be conducted on the theoretical and practical components after all the modules are completed. During integrated assessments the assessor makes use of formative and summative assessment methods and assess combinations of practical, applied, foundational and reflective competencies.
Assessors and moderators make use of a range of formative and summative assessment methods. Assessors assess and give credit for the evidence of learning that has already been acquired through formal, informal and non-formal learning and work experience.
A LG SETA Certificate: Municipal Financial Management (NQF 6) will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete all portfolio requirements;
A LG SETA Statement of Results will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete some, but not all, of the modules’ portfolio requirements. The Statement of Results will only reflect the modules successfully completed.